Would you like to join an exciting start-up in one of the fastest growing sectors of the consumer electronics industry? We’re looking for a motivated, energetic individual that loves to help customers and wants to shape the future of our product.
Would you like to join an exciting start-up, based in Raleigh, NC, in one of the fastest growing sectors of the consumer electronics industry? We have awesome investors in a market that is growing rapidly and constantly innovating. We’ve shipped our home automation solution across North America since 2014, and we’re growing fast.
We’re always looking for new ways to expand and improve our products to make everyday life simpler. We’re seeking an experienced embedded engineer to be a core member of our team.
You will develop and evolve key hardware and software components for a range of home automation products. You will work with electrical, mechanical, software and test engineers at every stage of development, from initial design and documentation through implementation and manufacturing. The ideal candidate is able to interface with third-party vendors, contractors, sales and support.
- 5+ years of software and product development experience
- Strong C & C++ programming skills
- Comfortable in both desktop and embedded Linux environments
- Proficient in git and shell scripting
- Basic knowledge of IP networking concepts
- Experience developing applications for embedded Linux, RTOS, and bare-metal systems
- Experience with manufacturing process of circuit boards
- Experience in embedded system, architecture, software and hardware
- Understanding of software/hardware design trade offs (cost & performance)
- Ability to learn new tools, languages and design techniques
- Ability to evaluate and make recommendations on cost control, reliability and issues related to product manufacturing
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey technical concepts in business terms
- Desire to work in an agile team environment
- High level knowledge of analog and digital circuitry
- Experience with high voltage AC products
- Experience with IoT or home automation
- Design for manufacturing (DFM)
- Familiarity developing firmware and software with wireless technologies such as Bluetooth and WiFi
- Leadership skills to help lead the team through sprint planning, product roll out plans, headcount planning, and present to senior management
- Previous start-up experience
B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
If you want to help our team do amazing things, then we want to hear from you! Please send us a cover letter and resume to email@example.com